Present Status of AMIE Court case status is it is pending in Delhi High Court (updated on 21 Jun 2020). Presently AMIE Recognition Issue Case is pending in Delhi High Court. You can check the current status of the case (Court Case No. WP(C)-3790 – 2013 from the in the following link). Open the Delhi High Court Link http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/case.asp
AMIE IS APPROVED BY AICTE NOW… GOOD NEWS. (Only If you are enrolled before 31 May 2013)
Hi friends finally AICTE has given a public notice regarding recognition. AICTE Notice clearly says that courses conducted by IEI and other similar institutes are fully valid and recognized by AICTE for all-purpose including employment and further studies. However, students who are enrolled on or before 31 May 2013 are presently are only eligible as AICTE approved Engineering Graduate.
Students who are enrolled before 31 May 2013 and not yet completed AMIE or having pending subjects, when they complete AMIE in the future also are eligible and valid. But students who are joined/ enrolled after 31 May 2013 are to wait and watch about the future outcome.
AMIE Recognition Issue Latest Update News on 10 Apr 2017
AMIE Recognition Issue. As you all of you know that AICTE has formed a committee. This Committee will look into the recognition issue of Institutes like AMIE, The Institution of Engineers (India). Now AICTE on 10 Apr 2017 published a Notice on their website. AICTE asked Institutes like AMIE, The Institution of Engineers (India) to submit complete data regarding the Education Process followed at IEI. IEI and all other institutes going through recognition issue have to submit the following data in respect their Institutes. AICTE has given 30 days’ time to submit the data.
Check AICTE Public Notice here:-
Check the Data Asked by AICTE from IEI here:-
Table Of Contents
Read Complete Issue of AMIE Recognition with MHRD, AICTE:-
AMIE Recognition Issue is a burning topic now among AMIE Students. Complete events of AMIE Recognition are clearly explained in the following paragraphs with important MHRD orders. Here is the present status of the AMIE Recognition Issue and its latest status as of now. Also, I have added uploaded images of relevant MHRD Orders.
History of AMIE Recognition with MHRD:-
1. MHRD recognized AMIE until now, as there was no regulator in place to do this job. Check the Recognition in www.ieindia.org. Check the following Images of the recognition. (I have received this same copy from IEI along with the final AMIE Graduation Equivalent Certificate). (Probably IEI is sending with AMIE certificate so that AMIE Holders can show it to employers)
2. MHRD also released a clarification notification clarifying the above notification dated 16 Jan 2006. It states that AMIE is valid for the purpose of employment in central government. Check Image below:-
3. These two MHRD Notifications are the lifeline for AMIE (these notifications prove AMIE has MHRD Recognition. In courts these two are the valid documents that can prove about AMIE Recognition with MHRD).
How the AMIE Recognition was withdrawn?
6. MHRD started the process of bringing all technical education under roof (under AICTE). It started by withdrawing recognition of courses like AMIE/IETE/IME etc.
MHRD also released warning notification about the withdrawal of recognition by notification dated 10 Jul 2012 (shown below). MHRD totally withdrawing itself from approving/recognizing technical education in distance mode and handed over to AICTE. It asked all such Institutions to align their courses as per NVEQF (a new skill-based vocational certification system in the flexible mode as per international trends) and apply for fresh approval of AICTE. It’s clearly mentioned in this MHRD order not to take any fresh admissions before getting fresh approval.
However, no action was taken by any of the Institutes AMIE/IETE/IME. Finally, MHRD released the Order about the withdrawal of recognition of all such types of courses.
7. It clarified that Students enrolled up to 31 May 2013 are eligible for employment as an AMIE Graduate. Check the MHRD Order Below:-Approximately one year before releasing the final notification regarding Nonrecognition of AMIE/IETE/IME etc, MHRD has finally withdrawn recognition.
8. MHRD withdrawn recognition and now AICTE to handle it. First of all, there is a conflict to recognize engineering in nonregular mode, as AICTE doesn’t approve nonregular courses engineering.
9. AICTE wants to frame new rules for engineering in distance mode or they want the institute to align with NVEQF (a new skill-based vocational certification system in the flexible mode as per international trends).
AMIE Recognition Issue is pending in Delhi High Court
10. IEI filed a Writ petition in Delhi high court against MHRD notifications dated 10 Jul 2012 and 06 Dec 2012. Delhi High Court accepted the case of Institutes vs. UGC/AICTE and said that notifications issued by MHRD dated 10 Jul 2012 and 06 Dec 2012 will be subject to final outcome of the court case.
How to check the Present Status of AMIE Recognition Issue Case
11. Presently AMIE Recognition Issue in Delhi High court but MHRD says he is now no more involved in this type of education so UGC/AICTE will fight case against institutes like IEI, AESI, ICE. Case is pending in Delhi High Court and the next date of hearing is on 25 Apr 2017, so You can check the current status of the case (Court Case No. WP(C)-3790 – 2013 from the in following link).
Step- 1: Open the Delhi High Court Link http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/case.asp
Step-2: Select Case Type as WP (C)-(CW), Case No. as 3790, Year as 2013 and click on the Display button.
Step-3: Click on the Orders & Judgement Button. (You can see the next date of hearing right side)
Step-4: Click on the Latest Order and the following status will be displayed.
The possible outcome of the AMIE Recognition Issue Court Case
12. If AMIE/IETE/IME wins the court case, either MHRD will recognize these courses (as it is with the present syllabus) or the court will ask AICTE/UGC to grant approval for AMIE/IETE/IME (whatever the case may be).
13. If AMIE/IETE/IME loses the court case ( chances are very Less), as a result, these institutes will be asked to apply for fresh approval from AICTE/UGC. So IEI will apply for fresh approval by aligning AMIE Syllabus as per new AICTE guidelines. This is also a positive point about this. In either case, AMIE will get AICTE/UGC approval which will resolve problems of proving AMIE as equivalent to BE/ BTech.
14. In Conclusion of this topic finally, I want to say is AMIE is going to get AICTE Approval in Future.
Delhi High Court AMIE Recognition Issue Case updates and AMIE Recognition Latest News
AMIE Recognition Issue Case update on 11 May 16:-
AMIE Recognition Issue Case update on 24 Oct 16:-
AMIE/IETE/ICE/IME(I) court case status after 24 Oct 16. The case is pending in Delhi High Court. The next date of hearing is on 25 Apr 2017 hence wait for the day. However, you can check the status of the case anytime from the Delhi High Court website.
AMIE Recognition Issue Case Update on 10 Apr 2017:-
AMIE Recognition Issue. As you all of you know that AICTE has formed a committee. This Committee will look into the recognition issue of Institutes like AMIE (The Institution of Engineers (India)) Now AICTE on 10 Apr 2017 published a Notice in their website and AICTE asked Institutes like AMIE, The Institution of Engineers (India) to submit complete data regarding the Education Process followed at IEI. IEI and all other institutes going through recognition issues have to submit following data in respect to their Institutes. AICTE has given 30 days’ time to submit the data.
AMIE Recognition Issue Latest Update News on 25 Apr 2017:-
AMIE Recognition Issue Delhi High court case status update: Case came up before Judge in Hon’ble High Court of Delhi for completion of proceedings on 25 April 2017. The next date for completing the proceedings before the Judge is 25 July 2017.
Legal Position of our AMIE Recognition is as stated below:-
Some PSUs may not be asking for AMIE Graduates in some Job Advertisement. However, the Legal Position of our AMIE degree is as stated below:- As an extreme Step, you can go to court and win the case based on this legal position.
1. AMIE Degree of All Students enrolled before 31.05.2013 are fully eligible and equivalent to Engineering Graduate.
2. AMIE Degree of All Students enrolled after 31.05.2013 is equivalent to Engineering Graduate but depends on the outcome of the court case in Delhi High Court.
3. If AICTE approves AMIE, then everybody will be eligible and equivalent to Engineering Graduate.
Also Keep visiting this page for latest updates on this issue.
My name is Ravi Kumar and I am a Computer Science graduate from The Institution Of Engineers (India). I have been following the AMIE Recognition Issue from 2013 to date. It seems like I have done my best writing this article so, I request you to suggest any corrections in the above analysis/ post comments and your ideas here.
Thanks and Regards.